Monday, September 24, 2018

Catching You Up

The Summer Months

Well, it's been a while since I last posted to this blog, mostly because July and August were a bit of a blur.  At the beginning of July, I made a transition from focusing on youth meetings and school visits to focusing my efforts on preparing for the English camp.  After preparing English and Bible lessons for the camp for several weeks, we met the rest of the American team in Prague late in July.  During the camp, I was kept really busy with many different responsibilities, from teaching English lessons and organizing and leading worship to spending time with different people at the camp.  The Holy Spirit was definitely present during the camp, pointing people to Christ and filling people with the joy of the Spirit.  It was great to see so many new faces at the camp this year as well as many old friends.

  Here is a group picture of the camp this summer.



After the camp, I returned home to Pennsylvania for three weeks along with the rest of the team as well as Kuba.  During my time at home, I was quite busy during the first two weeks dealing with different responsibilities to the church.  During the final week however, I was able to get a bit of rest and focus on spending time with my family and catching up with some friends before returning to the Czech Republic at the end of August.

The Start of a New Year

Since returning back to the Czech Republic, I have jumped right back into the swing of things.  Five days after returning to the country, I was once again hosting English conversation groups.  Although I was spending a lot of time in study of the Bible during the first week back, I didn't have to worry about putting a youth lesson together right away, because I like to welcome everyone back from the summer holiday with an evening of boardgames, snacks and conversation.  The following week, I was busy studying, preparing to lead a Bible study on the book of Revelation and preparing to lead the youth group through a study of the book of Romans.  I have also been trying to organize school visits with a couple of different schools in Ostrava and will spend two days this week at one of those schools.  This past week we had our first Bible study of the year.  Eliška and Kuba were involved once again in the study and Honza and Míla joined us as well.  Please pray that I would have wisdom as I lead them through this study and pray that each of those young people would consistently be in the word.  We also had our second week of studying the book of Romans, finishing the first chapter.  Pray that as either Robert or I teach them, they would grow in their love for God and their appreciation of the power of the gospel.

Here are a few pictures from this past Friday.


Míla, doing a little clean up after the lesson


Honza, Klára and Anička trying to decide which game we should play


Kuba responding to my statement that Mickey Mouse Clubhouse is stupid.

No comments:

Post a Comment