Friday, April 6, 2018

A Manic Month of March

Keeping Busy

Over the last several weeks, God has proven Himself once again to be very faithful.  There have been weeks that have been very busy with multiple school visits with presentations to create, youth lessons to prepare and conversation groups to lead.  No week was busier than two weeks ago.  During that week I had to figure out how I was going to prepare a sermon for Palm Sunday, spend two days at schools, prepare for and teach a youth lesson, preach the sermon, meet via Skype with the team preparing to serve at the English camp this summer and then travel to a neighboring town to spend the day speaking at a school.  Going into that week I knew it was going to be very busy and I was right.  All week long I was pulling 12 hour work days, but God not only gave me the energy to be able to do this but also to be very focused on each individual task so that I could be as productive as possible.  It was a real blessing to know that I had people praying for me as I did this as well as receiving emails of encouragement from different people.  Another blessing was the timing of all of this.  Even though the week was very busy, I knew that the week after would be much more calm with the Easter holiday providing time to rest and recharge.

Amidst this busy time I also had the opportunity to have a bit of fun as well.  Two weeks ago we got to spend some time celebrating Táňa's birthday as she turned 18.  She made a cake for our youth meeting and after the lesson we were able to spend some time playing some games.  Would you pray for her as she goes through her next year of life that the Lord would bless her and grow her and that she would come to know and appreciate his love more and more?  


Táňa the birthday girl




Táňa's birthday was not the only one that was celebrated.  I was invited to join the Martinkovi family as they celebrated the birthday of Lenka, the mother of Kuba.  Last year I was invited to be a part of the birthday celebration for Kuba's father, Petr and this year for Lenka.  It was such an honor to be invited to such an occasion, because I was the only person invited who wasn't part of their family.  It was also very special because I was able to see some of their relatives that I had met the previous year as well as meet others that I hadn't previously met.  Would you also hold up Lenka in prayer as she works hard as a teacher and loves her family?  Pray that she would continue to grow in her love for Jesus and others as she follows him.


Lenka with her family


Lenka and her parents


Martinkovi and me

Special Thanks

I wanted to make sure that I took a moment to thank people for keeping me in your prayers over the last few weeks since I have been able to update my blog.  I definitely felt those prayers as I went through busy weeks and prepared for the different teaching opportunities that I was presented with.  It was also wonderful to receive emails of encouragement as well.  It is always wonderful to see the body of Christ coming together to support one another.  So thank you all so much for continuing to keep me and many people here in your prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment